After teasers, Itel has launched the P55 series of smartphones in India that include P55 and P55+ model. These feature a 6.6-inch HD+ screen with 90Hz refresh rate and a Dynamic Bar that allows you to quickly check your battery status, incoming calls, and unlocking status.
These are powered by Unisoc T606 SoC with up to 8GB of RAM, and up to 16GB of virtual RAM in the P55 model, and the P55 has up to 8GB of RAM expansion. The iboost feature promises a better gaming experience.
The phones come with up to 256GB UFS 2.2 storage and pack a 50-megapixel rear camera along with an AI lens and an 8MP front camera.
The phones pack a 5000mAh. The P55 has 18W fast charging, and the P55+ packs has 45W fast charging that can charge up to 70% in 30 minutes and 100% in 72 minutes. The P55+ also comes with a vegan leather finish in the Royal Green colour and has NFC support.
Itel P55 and P55+ specifications
- 6.6-inch (720 x 1600 pixels) HD+ display with 90Hz refresh rate, Dynamic bar
- 1.6GHz Octa Core Unisoc T606 (6x Cortex-A55 and 2x Cortex-A75 cores) 12nm processor with Mali G57 MP1 GPU
- Itel P55 – 4GB (8GB RAM expansion) / 8GB RAM (16GB RAM expansion), 128GB UFS 2.2 storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Itel P55+ – 8GB RAM (8GB RAM expansion), 256GB UFS 2.2 storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, LED Flash, secondary AI camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC (P55+ only)
- 5000mAh battery with 18W (P55) / 45W (P55+) charging
Itel P55T coming soon
Itel has also confirmed the launch of itel P55T in the last week of February, which the company says is the world’s first smartphone with Android 14 to Go out of the box, and it will pack a bigger 6000 mAh battery.
Pricing and availability
The Itel P55 comes in Moonlit Black, Aurora Blue, and Brilliant Gold colours and is priced at Rs. 7499 (Rs. 6999 with Rs. 500 bank discount) for the 4GB (8GB virtual RAM) + 128GB storage version for online and the 8GB (16GB virtual RAM) + 128GB storage version for the offline market costs Rs. 8999.
The Itel P55+ comes in Royal Green, and Meteor Black colours and is priced at Rs. 9999 (Rs. 9499 with Rs. 500 bank discount) for the single 8GB (8GB virtual RAM) + 256GB storage version. These will be available from Amazon.in starting from February 13th, 12PM.
Commenting on the launch, Arijeet Talapatra, CEO, itel India said:
Our power series of phones remains ever-popular with users opting for advanced processing capabilities and extended battery life on their smartphones. The introduction of the itel P55 and P55+ is a massive addition to our portfolio, underscoring our dedication to innovation, blending unparalleled features, sleek aesthetics, and cutting-edge technology, all wrapped in competitive price points. The introduction of the Android 14 Go OS is a worldwide first and will help users access multiple applications simultaneously. Our focus remains on bringing the best possible features to the masses of India, and the launch of the new Power series at such an unbelievable price point solidifies our position in the sub-10K market as brave innovators.